Virtual Earth "full trust" issue

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:18 PM
I followed the instructions provided on your web site, but when I try to add the Microsoft Virtual Earth webpart, SharePoint raises the following error:
Unable to add selected web part(s). Request for the permission of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.SharePointPermission, Microsoft.SharePoint.Security, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' failed

I've given it "full trust" and did a IISReset of the server and still not working.  Can you provide a step-by-step change to the web.config file on what should be changed.  It might also help others to be able to fix their challenges also.  This has been a challenge and doesn't seem to work and I've read your other discussion threads on the changes you've advised others to do.

Thank you for your time and consideration to this issue.
Chris
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2008 at 3:36 PM
sorry for the delay - i have trouble keeping up with the support of these threads sometimes. Did you ever have any luck? I'm not sure off hand what could be the issue... feel free to email me via my web site and I'd love to personally help you out: http://philwicklund.com/contact.aspx$0$0$0
Oct 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM
I had the same issue, this worked for me:
  1. Start the Visual Studio Command Prompt (in the program group Visual Studio Tools).
  2. Go to the directory where the dll is installed (typically c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\bin).
  3. Run the command gacutil /i newwebpartdll.dll.
  4. Run iisreset.